Revised as of: 28 February 2013
Application of This Policy
Koozoo’s web site may contain “hyperlinks” to other websites. We are not responsible in any way for the privacy practices on other websites and suggest that you review the privacy policies on those linked websites before using them.
Regarding Children and Minors
Children and minors under the age of 18 are not permitted to become an End User and we do not intentionally collect or maintain personal information from those who are under 18 years old.
If we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 18, we will take steps to remove that user’s personal information permanently from our databases. By using Koozoo, you are representing that you are at least 18 years old.
Collection of Information
Personally identifiable information or personal information is defined as information that identifies you, as an individual, and includes your name, birthdate, home address, telephone number, e-mail address and zip code.
We only collect personally identifiable information about you after you have specifically and knowingly provided such information to us. By voluntarily providing this information to us at various points when using our Service, you will be consenting to the collection and use of your personal information by us for purposes of operating the Service.
Why We Collect Your Information
If you participate in the Service, your personal information will be used for the purposes of that online activity, unless you otherwise provide us with your consent. For example, we will collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
• To attempt to verify age requirements.
• To provide the Services in a manner that is relevant to your needs and interests.
• To respond to your questions or comments you forward to us.
• To run comment areas or other areas of interaction with other members.
• To keep aggregate information on use of the Service.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will not sell, rent, barter or otherwise exchange for value your personal information to any other party without your consent. Koozoo, however, does reserve the right to sell, rent, barter, or otherwise exchange any Content you provide to the Community. We will not associate your name or email address with any Content you provide that is subsequently sold, rented, bartered, or exchanged unless you specifically request such a disclosure.
In the course of operating the Service, we may disclose your personal information only in the following circumstances:
• (1) We may employ third parties to facilitate the delivery of the Service (such as sending emails). Access to your information by these partners is limited only to these business activities related to providing you with the Service.
• (2) We may also be required by law to disclose personal information without your consent in the event of emergency situations or when required by government or other legal authority.
• (3) Koozoo is inherently a “social network.” When sharing live views and snippets on Koozoo, your name and picture may be associated with content you contribute. This may include live broadcasts, recorded broadcasts, comments, “likes,” and other forms of content not yet available on Koozoo.
In addition, we collect non-personally identifiable information, which is information that does not identify you personally, but becomes available to us as a result of your use of the Client Software, the Website and the Widget. This information includes; your IP address, a number automatically assigned to your computer when you visit the Website; your Internet Service Provider; and your Web browser. One way we use this non-personal information is as a diagnostic and administrative tool for identifying system problems and administering our Web site.
We collect personal and non-personal information in a non-identifying, anonymous and aggregate form to enhance the Service. We may also share this aggregated data with partners or advertisers for statistical purposes. These statistics and reports do not contain personally identifiable information.
Notification of Breach
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to our users via e-mail notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our application or web site page, as solely determined by us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our End Users.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, please contact us at email@example.com.